CST's Why Pay A Lawyer (WPAL) Service
We believe that every person deserves to be treated fairly, regardless of their culture or socio-economic standing. For this reason, we have been involved in many successful mediations to protect the rights of someone who is not well connected, not well educated, not well informed, or unable to pay the high fees needed for professional legal representation.
Our care and consideration for people forms the basis of our careful and considered mediation process. Like the sales process, mediation is best conducted in a framework of respect and understanding, than in an adversarial format. Here too, people are more interested in how much you care than in how much you know.
Our services include:
Def - "intervention in a dispute in order to resolve it; arbitration."
- A broad range of assistance and support before, during and after mediation.
- Advice when deciding whether mediation is a process which should be considered for resolving a dispute.
- If mediation is required, we provide support during the entire process.
- We understand that Immigration laws are complex, and the advice and support you need must cover a wide range of issues.
- Often it is prudent to seek advice before the matter gets to a point where legal action is or should be taken.
- Our service obtains advice for you on all your immigration concerns and challenges.
- Our service also works with those who are seeking to understand their immigration rights, to ensure that their issues do not become too complex or unsustainable.
Dispute or conflict resolution
Def - "Intervention by a neutral party, in order to resolve a conflict"
- Our service respects that there are many kinds of dispute resolution in which the relevant parties bring their disagreement to a neutral third party, who can then help to secure a settlement.
- Conflict resolution is a way for two or more parties to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement.
- These disagreements may be personal, financial, political, and are often emotional.
- When a dispute arises, often the best course of action is negotiation to resolve the disagreement.
- We understand that there are several dimensions of conflict resolution. Usually these dimensions parallel the circumstances of the conflict in the way the conflict is analysed.
- We assist with intellectual resolution. This is the way disputants understand and view the conflict, with beliefs, perspectives, understandings, and attitudes.
- We also support emotional resolution. This is the way disputants feel about a conflict and which need to be considered during the resolution.
- Ultimately, there are a wide range of methods and procedures for addressing conflict, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and achievable peacemaking.
All matters requiring advice, before briefing a lawyer
- We specialise in providing advice and direction to all people who find themselves involved, whether directly or indirectly, in any legal matters.
- There are many and varied situations where an individual needs lay advice and direction related to a legal matter, before and/or during any litigation process.
- The advice needed, can range from an issue involving a local council (fines) to more significant matters which are already in, or about to enter the court system.
- Our fees are first discussed with, and agreed to, by our client, prior to any actions being taken.
- An initial telephone interview is “free of charge” to determine the nature of the services and advice needed, to support each situation.
- We are pleased to accept payment in Qoin for all our services.
"I met Chris from CST’s WPAL Service when he regularly visited my business in Melbourne. The Global Financial Crisis was hitting me hard and I had decided to sell before things got too bad. I had a motivated buyer, but a new landlord was causing me grief, demanding extra rent to go with a new lease for the buyer. I was afraid I was going to lose them. During one of my regular discussions with Chris, he pointed out that I was too close to the situation and really needed a mediator to talk with the landlord.
Well, Chris took it on and excelled where I could not have. Arrangements were made, deals were done, and I sold my business for a particularly good price in a tough market. Thank you, Chris. We have become friends and I enjoy his wisdom and insights into both business and personal issues. If I ever need some advice it is Chris to whom I go for this knowledge, understanding and expertise." Ian Pagram, Small Business Owner
"Our dealings with Chris and CST’s WPAL Service has been nothing short of outstanding. Chris has demonstrated compassion and kindness to our situation from day one. He is honest, reliable, and resourceful and has shown great professionalism in our dealings with him. Chris has gone above and beyond our expectations to ensure we achieve a positive outcome. He leaves no stone unturned, his passion, commitment and due diligence in his work is something to be admired and respected. Chris has become a great mentor and friend to my wife and I in many other aspects not related to the work he is currently performing for us. Having witnessed firsthand Chris' tenacity and his resilience to get the job done, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone."
Laz Keresztesi, Business Owner